Operations and Sales & Marketing Manager
Front Office and Purchasing
Maintenance & Technic
Between the 16th and 17th century and since the destruction of the medieval suburbs in the 16th century, the city of Geneva was a random and chaotic.
From the 18th century, a growing economy allows big landowners to purchase several plots to build larger houses. On the right bank of the lake, a village develops between the current paths of the rue de Lausanne and the Rue des Pâquis.
The main urban transformations occurred in the mid-19th century as a law allowed the demolition of the fortifications of the city and it got voted in the Constitution. The dream of a modern city could be shaped.
Many parts of the city land were sold to private owners and the money went to the City and the State, their development had been already the subject of the plans designed by the Polish engineer Leopold Blotnitzki Stanislas (1817-1879), and this plan was approved in 1858 by the State Council. This famous plan served as a model for new neighborhoods built in all Geneva including Les Paquis.
In this context, in 1857, a Geneva lockmaker bought the parcel of 6 and 8-philippe Plantamour Street to make his own home, and it became the oldest house in Les paquis. Later the building was annexed to the Richemont Hotel and served as offices for the Management Team and kitchens for the catering section.
And you know the rest of the story…